I love a good laugh, just like all the quilters and sewers I know. Don’t you? In that spirit, I’ve compiled this list of 28 of the best funny sayings for quilters and sewers. I hope you will appreciate these little gems of wisdom and whimsy about the joy – and the obsession – that is quilting. If you like these quotes, you may also like these more serious sayings to put on quilt labels.
But on to the ones that will make you smile!
Humorous Quilting Quotes
- To quilt is to live.
- Quilt until you wilt!
- Itching to be stitching
- Put your foot down and QUILT.
- Quilting forever…housework never!
- Quilting is my passion … chocolate comes in a close second.
- Behind every quilter is a big pile of fabric.
- A messy house is the sign of a happy quilter.
- Creative clutter is more blessed than tidy idleness.
- Dull women have neat sewing rooms.
- Every quilter has a masterpiece inside.
- Quilting is a scrap of happiness.
- Quilts are like friends, a great source of comfort.
- Quilting is like love… do it with abandon.
- “There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.” – Dave Barry
- When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.
- A good day is a day spent quilting.
- Any time is stitchin’ time.
- As ye sew, so shall ye rip.
- Count your blessings/ Stitch them one by one.
- A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.
- Don’t needle the quilter!
- Hug your sewing machine.
- So much fabric, so little time.
- Warning: this vehicle stops at all fabric shops.
- Old quilters never die, they just go batty.
- Old quilters never die, they just go to pieces.
- The best things in life are quilted.
- “I will not buy any more fabric until I use up the stash I have at home,” I said. And then I laughed and laughed.
- Sew on and sew forth!
If you like these sayings, check out our Funny Quilting Memes page. There’s always something new and (we hope) funny going on there.